Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Non-Motivated Angler Makes for a Long Day on the Water.....

I started the day out this morning not looking forward to getting on the water. It was just one of those days that it was just hard to get moving and once I hit the outside temps it was even harder to make myself go to the water. Well after a bite of breakfast I launched the boat and ran south to look to duplicate the pattern I had been on for the last few trips.
The pattern seemed to hold up but it did start slow. I found some fish hitting the bait like they did on Monday so I decided to slow way down and fish them a little different than with the TN70. I tied on a Lake Fork Live Magic Shad in the 4.5 size and rigged it on a 1/8 swimbait hook. I would let the bait fall into the grass lines then rip it from the bottom. After several cast I found they seemed to hit it harder and hold on to the bait alot better.
I ended up fishing the Magic Shad on the rest of my stops boating fish in all but two of them working grass lines in water from 1-4 feet. I did notice the water seemed to be getting cleared up more on the lower end that on the north and mid section of the lake. I think that also helps the bite because it tends to heat up a little faster when the sun gets out good. The size for me could stand to pick up though with my best five only pushing around 20 lbs and anyone that knows this lake knows that wont tip the scales this time of year in a tournament. Well back at it in the morning and hope everyone has a great "humpday". See you on the water.

God Bless
Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment