Friday, March 27, 2009

Jackall Swimming Ninja Swimbait Review

Well after along time of testing and re-testing they are on the US market and ready for sale. As many of you know I have always been known for using baits from Japan and having a couple of clients pick them up for me there when they go on business trips to save shipping cost.LOL Well the US version is about the same as the one I have been using but without one hook on the top(I think that might change though). When fishing this bait I have found it has exactly the right action most avid swimbait anglers look for. While at the Classic this year I was talking to some guys from Swimbait Nation in Ca.. They showed me just how much I did not know on swimbaits and I took the education to heart.LOL Several of the guys showed me some small tricks to change a bait they have found to work well. After showing them the Swimming Ninja they were impressed to say the least. One guy said "I would not change a thing". Trust me coming from those guys that is saying something. Only issue I have had with the bait is the paint coming off but its a give a take kinda issue. The bait will still catch fish either way and the paint holds up until about the 7th or 8th fish. The most important thing I have found that makes the bait stand out is the rear hook in the bait. It pop right out when the fish hit the bait and flex like the front hook. This has saved me loosing several fish when they jump and get in the grass. Another good thing about the bait is the way it falls. Alot of swimbait I have tested in the past have had some type of action when the fall which looks good to most anglers but really is not life-like. When you stop the Ninja it falls nose first and the tail has no action at all just like a fish falling. When you pick up the rod tip the bait returns right to the swimming action and the tail goes crazy, also like a fish that is trying to run after being hit by another fish and stunned.
All in all I can say this bait is well worth the price tag and will catch great fish. I have already put several awesome fish on the bait and it's not even post spawn yet. One hint I have for you anglers out there is after the baits hooks tear out several times they tend not to stay in the plastic. I carry them home or plug in a hot glue gun in the boat and without glue, let the tip heat up and just melt the plastic back together. This is very effective for making the bait last alot longer and better than using glue. I hope everyone has a great fishing trip and if you get one of these baits be sure to have a camera in the boat.LOL

1 comment:

  1. I have it and it works great. The only promblem I have is it can be too big of a bait to the pond I fish at.

    ReplyDelete