Friday, March 27, 2009

Pre-Fsihing updates

I have been hitting the water everyday pre-fishing several lakes in the area. The BASS Southern Open is headed to Lake Wheeler in a couple of weeks and wanted to do everything I could to stay on top of the fish there. Problem is alot of awesome anglers will be flooding the lake in a week for the BASS Elite Series. I have the fish on 3 patterns there so I think atleast one will hold up for my event there.
I am also fishing the Alabama Bass Buddy Trail this year with best friend and business partner Rodney Evens. We have an event coming up on Logan Martin in April so I hit the Coosa River looking around on the 26th and 27th. Fishing there is "off the hook" for lack of better words. I had fish in everything from 20 feet of water to water so shallow if the wind blew they would be dry.LOL In the last two days caught atleast 50 fish all keepers on about 5 baits. Better fish were coming off Jackall Swimming Ninja Swimbaits and the NEW Jackall Stride. These baits are setting the bar for the swimbait industry. I will have a better write up on them after I get to test them just a little longer in some other situations.
As far as Lake Guntersville goes the fishing is better than I have seen it in several years as far as big fish go. We have not had a trip this month that clients have not put atleast one fish over 6lbs in the boat. The numbers bite is still good on soft plasitcs like the Lake Fork Lizard and ring fry. The better fish are moving up everyday and most are being caught on Swimming Ninja's, Jackall Dozers, and Lake Fork Live Magic Shads.
I hope everyone has had a great week and looking forward to a wonderful weekend. Be sure to check back on my blog. I will be updating it every chance I get. There will be product updates/reviews, fishing reports, and also tour results as we get them. See you on the water and take a kid fishing

No comments:

Post a Comment