Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 2 BASS Southern open- Lake Toho

Well day two is in the books and I just had another of those days. lol After adjusting too late on day one I had made the choice to learn from that mistake and make the long run one day two. That was until I saw my boat number and knowing the lock was packed and would cut my fishing time down atleast 3 hours total. I made a last min choice to run to one place first that I found in practice but not fished. I knew I could get there in less than 5 mins and while some lock thru I could have a shot at boating a fish before running to the lock to head south. Well I sat the boat down and after 3 cast I knew I had to slow waaaaaayyyyyy down due to the water temps dropping 8 degrees over night. I picked up a "go-to" bait and tossed it to the edge of a grass line. WHAM!! fish number one in the boat. within a couple of cast my Co-Angler, Houston Smith, boated a solid fish. I continued to toss the bait and after about 15 or so cast I hit my 2nd keeper. My co answered again with another keeper. Within the first hour I had 4 fish in the boat but the wind was picking up and switch directions. I stayed about another 30 or so mins then knew I had to move. Well knowing I had fish on Toho and knew areas that would prob produce I changed up and thought I'd make one more stop before going to my long run. Well we both missed big fish we couldn't turn on that stop which made me stick to that area and once I did that I was commited to not locking down. I hit several areas most of which were still dirty from the winds on Thursday. We grinded and flipped every inch of water we came too with a few missed and several fish just not hooking up solid. It was enough to "spin" most mortal men out but we held strong and stay focused. We ended up finishing where we started but with dirty water and no results. I fell a few spots but got some points that will count in the end of the year. I will give a detailed account of the entire trip and event in another report that will explain my pre-fishing, patterns, and baits as well as a few other funny things that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment