Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Guntersville Report

Sorry for the blog being late but between sponsor obligations, helping out the new tackle store(Lake's Edge Tackle, in Guntersville) and trips I have just been slammed. Fishing has been everything but boring the last week. I have had some up's and down's but for the most part it's been great. Trips have had alot of happy clients with several of them boating the best fish they have ever caught and more than 50% boating either thier best numbers or heaviest 5 fish limit.

The morning bite has been better hitting the shallows(less than 6 feet of water) near creek channels. I have had clients tossing several topwater baits from Jackall, like the Bowstick, Cherry 0 footer, Mikey Jr., Sk Grande', and the Dagored. The beeter numbers are coming from the Sk Grande' and Mikey Jr. with the better size hitting the Bowstick and Dagored. All the topwater baits have been in several colors in shad patterns. I also found the Buzzbait and waking a War Eagle Spinnerbait have boated a couple of fish after the bite seemed to die a little later in the morning.

The mid-day bite has been slower but very productive for bigger fish. The bigger fish are a little deeper on the ledges and if the sun is out and winds are light the bite is strongest. Alot of clients have boated thier first swimbait fish on the Jackall Swimming Ninja and River 2 Sea baits in natural colors. The big worm bite is always a good numbers bet but I have found the size drops a little. Now don't get me wrong you can catch some solid fish in the 5+ range on the Lake Fork and Netbait worms but you will also bust alot of keepers as well. The Omega Jig has done well also in the 1oz and 3/4 sizes with a Netbait Paca Chunk Sr trailer. Best colors have been Green Pumpkin and one I tie that has a Junebug look to it. The Jackall Muscle 15+ has been the most solid bait on the deeper bite and ledges for us in the last week and to be honest my go-to bait.

Over the weekend I played some while off on the lower end boating some huge spots and several solid largemouth fishing real deep. I boated my first ever Flick Shake fish in water deeper than 35 feet on a submerged tree I found on the sonar. I sat on it and dropped the Wacky Jig Head(1/8oz) down and watched the fish come to the bait. That was nothing short of awesome. On the screen it was right at the 45 foot mark. I then boated a couple of other fish on a drop shot and Crosstail shad. With that being said don't be affraid to go outside of the box this year and do somethings you would not normally do on Guntersville.

The fishing today(Monday) started the week slow for me with a couple of great guys but the fishing was just off. As the day went on I pulled the trip out but nothing like I was wanting to do as far as numbers. I dropped the guys off and hit the water the rest of the day finding some fish still deep but still seemed kinda off. I talked to a couple of buddies that I trade info with and it was slow for all of them today so I didnt feel so bad at the end of the day. I will be back at it in the morning hitting the water bright and early. I hope the bite turns around some and the better fish are hungry.

On another note be sure to drop by Lake's Edge Tackle and check out the new Jackall products. He is the ONLY tackle dealer in Guntersville or even near Guntersville to carry Jackall. If you mention this blog and are a follower on both my Twitter and Blog site you get an extra 10% off. Just ask for Bryant when you get ready to check out. Also please keep Bryant and his family in your prayers. His father, has been put into the hospital on Sunday and in ICU. We know he is a strong man and will make a full recovery but this is still a tough thing for him and the family. Thanks for checking the blog and feel free to contact me at finsngrinsfishing@hotmail.com for any suggestions for future articles or information on trips. Hope you all have a great week and great fishing. See ou on the water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment