Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lake Guntersville Report

Lake Guntersville in on fire right now and better than I have seen it in several years. We have had trips the last few days and the bite is like the weather, HOT!! In the mornings the topwater bite has gotten better all week and just seems to be getting better each trip. We have had good numbers on the Jackall SK Grande' and 0 Footer D Cherry but the bigger fish are still on the Bowstick. All baits in shad colors.

After the heat gets up some along with the sun we are hitting the points and main river areas with Lake Fork big worms, Live Magic shads, and Muscle 10+ crankbaits. Our better numbers are on the Flick Shake worms in Green Pumpkin, Bluegill, and Watermelon candy.

I had one trip Monday that was nothing short of awesome. I had a husband/wife couple on the boat that were just a blast to fish with. Both of them fished some but never like I had them fishing. Our 1st stop was kinda slow with them missing a couple of fish between the two of them. We then moved to an area I had found the day before and they were stacked. We boated a fish on the first few cast and never left the rest of the trip. That's right we fished one area for 7 hours solid. We lost count of the numbers and all but a couple were keepers and bigger. They were both Flick Shake believers after that day. I would have to say it was one of the best trips all year and I was proud to see them catch all those fish. Chris had his best fish ever(over 6lbs.) and they both were ready to go again when the trip was done. I was glad to have them let me be a part of thier day.

Also don't forget the Sonar/GPS class in Guntersville on June 11th at Wintzell's off Highway 431 South. The class is being taught by Wilson Frazier and cost $50.00. Be sure to give me a call or send me a mail if your interested in coming due to limited seating. There is also a NEW tackle store in Guntersville, Lakes Edge Tackle. I have been by there several times and it looks better everytime I go in. He has a huge selection of Netbait and will be stocking alot of "hard to get" baits in the next few weeks. I am looking forward to having such a great place so close. Be sure to stop by and say hello. Also, keep checking the blog or WAAY site for some upcomming news on discounts and specials comming your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment