Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lake Guntersville Report 1-16-2011

The last week or so of snow and ice seemed to slow the fishing down a little today for me. I hit the water working the same pattern I have been fishing but had to change things up a little. I moved further out on the points to a little deeper water and had to slow the baits down alot. I put the boat in more of the current and let the bait sit for around 12 seconds before moving it. Once I slowed down I started getting more bites and better fish. I fished the Jackalll Squad Minnow(Tenn Shad) on Lake Fork FH Pro 12 lb test. Once casting into about 6 feet of water I noticed the bites came right at the boat in about 9 -10 feet of water. I moved the boat further out and found I would get bigger fish. Once I worked an area and boated a few fish I then would re-work the area with a Lake Fork Craw Tube and got several more bites.



The big key is staying in the area and trusting you ability. If you didn't give up on an area too soon and worked every inch of it you would find where the fish were positioned and could put a good solid day together. Start working the typical winter pattern and then adjust and tweek it. Once I slowed down a little everything came into place. I am back at it again in the morning and the rest of the week. Hope everyone had a great weekend and looking forward to an awesome week. Stay safe and see you on the water.



God Bless

Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment