Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lake Guntersville 04-14-09

Today I fished with some great return guys from Tenn.. They had a tough trip the last time so I worked hard to get them back on them. Well I did my job well!!LOL They started the day slow but as the day got longer their arms took a beating. Those guys had one of the best days for both numbers and size on Guntersville that I have seen in a long time. It was a blast watching them catch so many fish and the size was nothing short of awesome. I decided to do something I don't do on most trips after they boated a good many fish and I started working on my Flick Shake fishing practicing for Wheeler by fishing it on Guntersville. Well, it works! I have fished the baits on Guntersville before but never on light line and spinning gear. Well I boated several good fish and several solid keepers in the grass with the line. If ever there was a true test of how well the Lake Fork line held up this was it. One major thing I did other than seeing the line held up well was gain confidence that I could use it in cover and trust it during a tournament. This is a major thing for me to be able to use such light line in nasty cover and know if I work the fish to the boat and not rush things they will make it to the livewell and scales. All in all I accomplished things today both on the trip as well as my mental state going into one of the biggest tournaments of my career. I will be back at it in the morning continuing to build on what I have going and getting better each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment