Sunday, April 5, 2009

Practice over the weekend

Well this weekend was very busy for me and the crew at Fins-N-Grins. Rodney had some trips and a tournament while I was at Logan Martin and Guntersville both. On Sat. I was headed to Logan Martin to practice for the up coming tournament. I already am very confident I am on a great morning bite but, still having some trouble on getting good bites after about 8 AM so I was leaving a little later to look for a daytime bite. Well before I could leave, a longtime client, Harold Downey called me and wanted a last minute trip to Guntersville. Well I was all for it so I put off Logan Martin for a day. I got to carry one of his close friends on his first bass trip. Micheal and his son were two awesome people to fish with. I had them both casting a baitcaster in less than 5 mins.. We started the day very slow with only one fish in the boat on a Jackall TN70(red craw). On our last stop we hit the jack pot. They both started "smoke'n em' on the TN70 in both red craw and brown craw. We ended the day with a 15 fish total and two drum to boot. Both caught thier Bass ever and had a great time. I think that is one of the best things about being a guide. I got to be a part of a life moment between father and son and it was a blast to get that young man additcted to Bass fishing.
On Sunday I got my trip to Logan Martin. I started the day looking for some bedding fish up river and found several that are up and ready for the full moon on the 9th. They should be good, solid kicker fish and locked on the bed the weekend of my event. I then worked down river looking for some dock fish. Well the lack of sun made it a slow bite on the docks but I did shake a couple off and bult some confidence that I could get a couple of fish in the area. I'll tell you what I was doing after the tournament.LOL
On the way home I just could not take passing the boat ramp with daylight left on Guntersville. I put in on the lower end by my house and hit areas in Alred Islands. I found some fish, while not big, but alot of fun on topwater and the flick shake worm. The numbers were nothing short of awesome and I had a ball catching the first topwater fish of the year on the big g. Best baits for today on Guntersville were the flick shake and Jackall SK Pop Grande'(shad color).
I will be working trips on Guntersville for the next 3 days then going between Lake Wheeler and Logan Martin getting ready for both the BASS Open at Wheeler and the event I have at Logan Martin. Hope everyone has had a great weekend and stays warm this week. The tmps are going to fall fast this week and we will be back at winter temps by Wed.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Jackson what fishing technigues do you use on a lake you have never been to?

    ReplyDelete