Sunday, April 26, 2009

Week in Review

Well this last week has been very busy and full of excitement. Trips on Lake Guntersville have been nothing short of Awesome on Monday and Tuesday with my clients catching huge numbers. The best bait has been the Jackall Flick Shake and Lake Fork Lizard. On Wed I headed to Lake Wheeler for a couple of days of practice. Practice went ok but I spent alot of time riding and looking at my sonar and less time fishing. One thing I have found is it looks like the bite is going to be ok but fish are moving all day and it is not going to be easy to stay with them. I did find a couple of areas that will hold fish on a morning pattern but things can change fast there. Thursday I tore a hole in my seat working the boat under some trees in a creek looking for a pond. I did find the pond and found fish in it way up river. When I got in there I saw a fellow Crappie fishing. He pulled up to me and said, how in the world did you get in here? I told him I pushed up the creek and he said well you found a great place and noone else willl come here. I asked him why and he told me he had lived there for 30 years and never had seen a boat in it other than his. He also added it was a pond he has on his farm and he never let anyone fish it but being I came in from the river and worked that hard to get in he would let me. I need to ask the tournament director if it will be legal being it is a private pond but accessible from tournament waters.
Friday I was back on Guntersville getting ready for the tournament this weekend. Well practice was ok and we found some spawning fish. The tournament was the worst fininsh so far this year for me just being in the top 15 but we had alot of fun. We have close to 75 fish in the boat but nothing over 4 lbs. We ended up getting our butt kicked at the scales but had a great time. Sat night I had an appearance at a tackle shop and it was awesome. I got to meet some great people and talked alot of fishing. The WAAY 31 commercials started this week and man is it weird to see me on TV. I went to the store last night and was asked about the new site atleast 15 times. The new site is going to be huge and will be changing everyday for the better. We have it up but also working on it make new changes so be sure to go everyday to look at it. I also am doing some video work for it as well and that is going to be off the hook. You can check it out at www.waaytobetterfishing.com Also let me know your thoughts on the site and things you would like to see happen to it. We will take all suggestions and work on getting them up. Thanks again and be sure to check out the blog all next week. I will be updating it from Lake Wheeler during the BASS Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment