Friday, May 15, 2009

Guntersville 5-15-09

Well today I had 2 halfday trips. This morning I met with Dr. Kane Fulton and his buddy Mark. Kane's wife had got him a certificate for a halfday trip for a gift. Mark had never caught a fish before(any kind) and Kane is just starting to learn Bass fishing. Well today was nothing short of GREAT. We pulled up to a spot I found some fish in after a trip on Thursday and well in the first 30 mins. had put 10 in the boat. Kane had 3 in a row before Mark got his first bite. Mark held his own and soon began to turn up the heat boating several fish. I had them using Rattle Head Spinnerbaits because the bite is kinda hard to feel and get a good hook set on the swimbait for someone just starting. We sat in one spot and flat "smoked em'" on the blade until the bite slowed down. Kane was thinking about a move when "smack" his rod bowed up and he pulled. The rod then pulled back.LOL He boated his largest fish to date at just over 6lbs.. After that the bite did slow down with only boating a few more fish in one other spot. Best baits for them was the Spinnerbait in white. I had one on a swimbait but only made about 10 cast the whole trip. It was great to be a part of thier day and see both of them catch fish. I forsure enjoyed being the person to help Mark catch his first fish ever. I think his best fish was between 3.5 and 4 lbs. Not a bad start but now they are both stoked about the next trip.

After dropping them off I changed ramps at the clients request fishing the lower end of the lake. Well they are eating there as well. We fished open water humps and at his request I fished as well. We threw nothing but Jackall Muscle 10+ crankbaits, Jackall Swimming Ninja Swimbaits, Giron, and Lake Fork Live Magic Shads. We did fish a little deeper humps and some creek drops. Once we found them they were stacked up. My client had his best 5 fish limit of 27 lbs and also his biggest fish ever at 8.10lbs. He is know a believer in the swimbait.LOL In total we had 38 fish in the boat all keepers with most of them being right at or just under 4lbs.

Alll in all a great day on the lake with some great clients. It is days like this make me glad I guide here.LOL Hope everyone has a great weekend and good tournaments. I will be at Goose Pond later working for Frazier Marine Group at the Big Bass Splash sign in and then tonight at the Sonar/GPS class at the Hampton Inn in Guntersville. Be sure to drop by and say hello. Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

God Bless
Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment