Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Guntersville Fishing Report 5-20-09

Just when I thought the fishing was not doing so well and the winds were making the bite bad they up and made me look bad. I had told my client for today last night on the phone that the bite was tougher than in days past and even recommended he move his trip to later in the week. Well we started out fishing steep drops near green grass and in the first 30 mins. had 5 solid fish in the boat on a War Eagle spinnerbait. We worked the areas hard putting several other fish in the boat and one that went 5.7 on the scales. We then ran to several other areas with the same pattern that also produced the same results. It was kinda funny when he looked at me and said " so you call this slow?" I just smiled and said yes.(kidding ofcourse). The bite did slow up some after about 11:00 and we had to fight for ever bite we got until about 4 PM. We switched to big Lake Fork worms and he ended up catching several more fish and a couple over the 5lb mark with one over 6.

It was a great day despite the hard winds and high pressure. We ended up catching fish on the Spinnerbait, Jackall Swimbait, Muscle 10 crankbait, and Lake Fork worm. All in all I ended the day with one happy client from Texas and a good day on the water. I hope everyone is gearing up for a great Holiday weekend and looking forward to the winds dropping off soon. See you on the water.

God Bless

Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment