Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lake Guntersville 5-4/5-5-09

The last two days on Guntersville have been great. The cooler temps and winds getting lighter during the day have made the mid-day bite better and today with the sun coming out, and staying out, the bite was awesome. I have fished mainly open water humps in the 4-6 foot range with the better fish coming off the top of the humps. The shad spawn is getting cranked up but I have still not found it in full swing. I took out after the morning bite was over this morning and moved down river. I fished the lower end of the lake having alot better luck on size. The biggest key is green grass being on the humps. I fished several baits today with the better fish coming off the Jackall 6.8 Flick Shake rigged on the Wacky Jig head. I also had numbers on the Lake Fork Lizard. Both baits in Green Punpkin. It was good to be back on Guntersville and I can't wait for the Shad spawn to start.
I will be working on an article for fishing the shad spawn later in the week so be sure to follow and keep up to date on the site. Thanks to everyone for thier continued support and We are gearing up for a great summer in North Alabama.

God Bless
Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment