Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lake Guntersville 11-03/05-09

The temps are getting stable and the water temps are getting back to normal for this time of year. The week so far has been up and down as far as catching fish but two days of the report I was fishing areas I have not fished in years and working on some new stuff. Today I got out looking at some open water stuff and trying alot of baits in the same areas. I fished one roadbed that gave me my biggest fish on a Lake Fork Live Magic Shad that was fished on a C-Rig. The winds made me have to add some heavy weight to get the feel for bottom. I did get some bites on the Flick Shake but they were very hard to detect and not as big a fish.
The crankbait bite is getting better on the open water areas off deeper drops. I have been fishing the Jackall Muscle 15+ crankbait running the bait into structure on the drops. Most of the hits have been solid keepers and I think only 2 short fish on this tactic. One thing is to fish that bite you have to have the mind set you are only going to get a few bites all day but they are the good bites people look for.
I will be on Guntersville the rest of the week working on some things then hope to spend the weekend getting ready to fish the "Wounded Warriors" event for the Semper Fi Task Force. They do a great thing beinging over 60 wounded MArines and thier families to North Alabama for alot of awesome events and to show our thanks for everything they do. We will be doing this fising event on Lake Wheeler and it is always a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment