Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lake Guntersville Fishing 11-05/10-09 Report

Well sorry the reports took awhile but really not much has changed. The bite did get more solid and I found some "rat fish"(for those of you not around Guntersville, thats fish caught on a hollow body frog/rat over matted grass). I was happy to find a ton of fish in the 4-7 lb range up river and bite was very solid on Thursday. I checked them on Friday before a tournament on the 7th and they were still there and eating.
Sat. I fish a club event and with the group of guys that were there told my fishing partner for the day it would take atleast 20 lbs to even think about a check but more like a 25+lb bag to win. I made a very long run up to the area only stopping one place on the way to the fish in the mat. after smoking through the area without a bite moved to the mats. I told my partner we would either win or lose there, which has been my attitude on tournament fishing the last 3 years. We busted 3 keeper fish almost as soon as we stopped and things were looking good. Now this is the stupid part of my thinking, I knew it would take atleast 20 lbs so 3 pound fish would do me no good. With that being said and not fising for any points I never even put the fish in the live well. Keepers here are about 3 lb fish. He and I tossed back about 9 3 lb fish and never got a better bite. We never left(which was a mistake on my part) but I made the dession.
Anyway after time ran out we made the run back near the launch to finish up on a community spot with a big swimbait. Without a bite there we tossed it on the trailer. Well after talking to a few guys and tell them we tossed back 16-17 lbs because we knew it was no good anyway. they said "man none of the guys did good today. Now most of these guys bad days are 20 lb bags so I didnt think a thing about it. Well after the weigh in was over and we were putting up rods a guy walked up and said he couldnt believe we tossed back fish. I asked why and he told us we would have won it. Winning weight was 13 and change. Yes, I know we were stupid but the caliber of the anglers we were against we knew 3 lb fish were no good. Guess we live and learn.LOL
On Sunday went with a buddy in his ride due to mine having a few issues and it was tough. We had several bites on the frog but the better bite was still just keepers on the Flick Shake and Live Magic Shad. Monday was just an awesome day. The Lake Fork Magic Shad and Hyperfreak were the ticket off drops and docks. Best five was every bit of 27 lbs.. The fish ate all day with the better fish coming in the later day. ON Tuesday it was a great bite but nasty weather. I think I even saw ducks looking for cover and frogs with straws in thier mouth to keep from drowning.LOL Boat stayed full of water most of the day but the fish ate as good as Monday.
I am thinking to start off Wed very slow, being it will be windy with a huge post front smacking the fish iin the head. Guess we will see what the day holds. I want to thank all of you for the kind words and support to not only my family but also the site. We could not do this without you guys/gals. If you have a story or fishing report let me know and I will post it here. Thanks agian and see you on the water.
God Bless
Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment