Friday, November 20, 2009

Lake Guntersville 11-20-09

Got back out today wanting to continue the pattern I found working get onewell on Thursday. Well hit some areas like I did Thursday with the same outlook and places I had not fished in a long time. Well the pattern held up and I ended up having one of the best days on the water than I've had in the late fall in years.
I started hitting grass lines off steep drops near mian lake water and creek channels. I started off fishing the Jackall Muscle 10+ crankbait along the lines catching a solid 18 lb limit in the first hour. I then worked several areas that looked the same culling a few fish along the way. I then moved out just a little deeper and found where the bigger fish were. I changed baits to the Jackall Swimming Ninja(both Tenn shad and Hitch colors) and it was the ticket for the bigger bite. I ended up putting the boat in about 15 feet of water and flat smoked em' on the Ninja. The bite got better as the day went on and clouds began to move in a little.
I ended up the day fishing the Ninja in several areas that had the same type drops and a five fish limit that pushed 29 lbs. on the Cull-M-Rite scales. I did get fewer bites on the Ninja that the keeper bites on the crankbait but it's well worth the wait between bites when you hook one. Hope everyone has a great weekend and looking forward to the holiday. Be sure to remember our discount gift certificates are on sale and going fast. I extended the number we were selling this year to give everyone a chance to get in on the bargin. These are good for trips the entire 2010 season. See you on the water and thanks to everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment