Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lake Guntersville 11-19-09

Today got out kinda late and did something a little new. Had long time friend and client fishing with me and he wanted to test me today. He had asked me what area of the lake I had not fished in awhile and I told him about a creek I had not been in but once or twice all year. He said that was where he wanted to fish and see how I can just put the boat in and find fish in the short 3-4 hours we had before dark.
Well we put the boat in the water and I tied on 4 baits. A Jackall Muscle 10+(shad color), a Flick Shake on a Wacky jig head(Bluegill), a White Spinnerbait, and a Lake Fork Magic Shad. I looked at the map on the GPS found an area I thought they would be near on the pattern and went fishing. Well started working a long point near the mouth of a creek channel and after explaining why I picked that spot set the hook on a solid keeper. I stayed on the trolliing motor and after another 10 mins set the hook on another keeper fish. I tied him on the same color crankbait and about 3 cast later he set the hook on his first keeper. A few cast later another keeper about the same size as the others. We then made a move to duplicate the pattern and only had one on the 2nd stop but it was short. After checking out the map again moved to another area with only about 45 mins left to fish. Sat the boat down and nothing on the crankbait. I picked up the Flick SHake and SMACK! boated 3 more on 3 cast(I love that bait.haha). We noticed some fish coming up after shad that looked to be a little bigger so I pulled out "Kermit"(thats a hollow body frog) and let him work it over some grass patches. About 10 mins of daylight left he set the hook on a better fish and put her in the boat. IN the time we had on water I have not seen much at all we had a great day. Boated a solid limit and he said one of the best learning trips he had been on to date. Another great time on the water with a great guy. See you on the water!
God Bless
Phil.4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment